Just like anyone else, most makeup mavens are on the go a lot. So our makeup needs to be to-go too. Today let’s look at some makeup cases that travel with us in style. makeup case
Ahh, makeup brushes! We have learned how to clean them and seen great ways to store them. But what if you need to pitch your makeup brushes and start fresh? You know how they say “You are only as good as your tools”? Well, it’s true. Today let’s look at some suitable replacements if you need to replace a few(or all) of your makeup brushes. It’s time for us to brush up on makeup brushes.
I think I have more red lipsticks in my collection than any other color. Probably because just about anyone can rock a red lip. I know it’s my go-to color, especially for special occasions like Valentine’s Day dinner. So today, we thought we would look into what is the perfect red lipstick. Some are old favs and some are new to the party. We got the mattes and the liquids. High-end & drugstore too. Oh and stay tuned till the end for a special not even released yet red. Here are … [Read more…] about What’s Your Favorite Red Lipstick?
Mirror, Mirror on the wall you have the power to make my makeup be on fleek or fall. You know it’s true! It turns out that evil queen was very right to ask her question because the mirror has all the answers. No matter what your vanity setup is, a mirror is the end-all, be-all essential. You just can’t do anything without seeing what you are doing. So today we will turn our attention to this make or break (excuse the pun) essential. Let’s gaze into our best reflection with an awesome vanity mirror.
Before we get any deeper into the new year we thought it might be fun to take a look back at 2016. So we tapped some of the go-to YouTube gurus of makeup to see what they were drooling over and what they think should be left in 2016. So here you go! Here is what beauty mavens think was the Best Makeup of 2016.
Lots of info here to grab a cup of tea and get set for an in-depth Makeup Adventure!
The Best Makeup of 2016
This post may contain affiliate links. You can check our disclosure for more info!
Jaclyn Hill is always on point with her must-haves. Check out the highlighter she using in this video, what do you think thumbs up or down?
Nitraa B gives us her favorite products from 2016. Great info about acne prone skin problems and some great facial masks. SIDE NOTE: Gotta find her tutorial for her look, she looks fabulous!
We can’t start a new year without hearing from Nikki Tutorials. She is hilarious! Here are her hits and misses from December. Great skin care product picks!
Check out all of the best pics Jourdan London has for you. She throws in some drug store finds in with her favorite higher end makes. Foundation, mascara, contour palettes, lashes – she covers it all!
What Say You?
What do you think? Did you find some products that you want to try? What were the biggest hits for you of 2016? Do you have a favorite dupe? What about a new “how did I live without this” product? Do tell! Share with all your makeup sisters. Leave us a comment below and tell us.
Ready for a New Adventure?
Ok, so the time has come. It’s time for you to get your very own vanity. I mean, what respectable makeup addict would be without a proper thrown? Right, so let’s start 2017 off appropriately shall we. Here is our take on a Starter Vanity.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can check my disclosure for more info!
Here’s a great Starter Vanity. It has all the essentials; lighting, vanity table, inspirational artwork and personalization.
What is really needed in a vanity area?
We believe any vanity area needs 5 elements to function properly:
Adequate surface space
Want to recreate this vanity for yourself?
We thought you might! Just in case you have been thinking about setting up your very own makeup shrine, here’s everything you need to shop this look.
Any star would love to have a mirror like this Hollywood Iconic XL Plus WHITE Vanity Mirror by Impressions Vanity. This piece adds a real presence to your vanity.
2. Vanity Table
We love that the Mirage Mirrored 2-Drawer Console Table gives enough surface space for all the lipsticks, foundations and brushes a makeup addict needs. The mirror panels add glam to this vanity table.
Comfortable seating is a must. The Coaster Home Furnishings Accent Chair, Black and White with added nailhead detail provides comfy seating with flair.
This Americanflat “Golden Lips-Peach & Gold” Gallery Wrapped Canvas, 20″ x 24″ print is so cute and adds a bit of whimsy to your makeup space.
Add some personalization with this 9x8cm Wooden White Wash Personalised Letters Hand Carved Shabby Chic – Letter A (of course, pick your initial)
Our Kiss and Makeup pillow is just too much fun.
If the makeup’s on fleek, who cares about the hair? That’s what this Messy Hair Don’t Care Gold Foil Decor Home Girly Wall Art Print Quote Metallic Poster 5 inches x 7 inches print expresses.
So there you have it! A well appointed Starter Vanity. Did it inspire you to create a vanity of your own? Leave us a comment below and tell us if this has you written all over it or just not your style.
Making resolutions to get more organized in the new year? We are here to help! Let’s start the new year off right and get our makeup organized. Who doesn’t need more storage? Exactly the point of this post. Let’s see what makeup storage options are out there so we can maximize our space. Oh, ok you caught me! Really so we can buy more makeup.
Let’s start the new year off right and get our makeup organized.
Makeup Storage Options
This post may contain affiliate links. You can check my disclosure for more info!
Acrylic Makeup Storage
I am sure you have seen all those acrylic makeup organizers on the market these days. Here a few to consider:
- We featured this Beautify 6 Tier Clear Acrylic Makeup Organizer during our Christmas deals. And for good reason! Who wouldn’t love to organize and display their makeup collection in this lovely clear drawer unit?
- Speaking of drawer units. How about a 2-Fer? Here is a two-piece set of Best Acrylic Makeup Organizer For BEAUTIFUL Cosmetic Storage units.
- Most acrylic storage drawers can be quite pricey. Not the Sorbus Acrylic Cosmetics Makeup and Jewelry Storage Case Display- 4 Large and 2 Small Drawers. This one comes in under $30! Slightly smaller than some units, but still offers great storage and a very economical price.
- We couldn’t forget this Sorbus Acrylic Cosmetics Makeup and Jewelry Storage Case X-Large Display Sets. This unit has Interlocking Scoop Drawers to Create Your Own Specially Designed Makeup Counter. It’s stackable and interchangeable. The components form an extra large 13.5” L x 16” H x 8.75” W cube. Priced well under $75, this just might be a must have.
Wall Makeup Storage
Running out of space? Go vertical! These organizers allow you to go up the wall with your makeup storage.
- Check out this Wall Mounted Makeup Storage. Get a few of these to keep your brushes, lipglosses and pencils well in reach, but out of the way.
- Although this Acrylic Nail Polish Display was created to display your nail polish collection, there is ample room to store other makeup necessities.
- I am sure you have seen those DIY projects for Magnetic Makeup Board. This one is ready to go and is versatile. Use it for makeup or jewelry.
Countertop Makeup Storage
Need to corral that every expanding collection across your vanity? These tabletop storage options will get things organized.
- Where is that palette that has that perfect color? It’s in your Cosmetic Organizer Stand for Makeup Palettes.
- We love this Acrylic Brush Organizer. Stores 12 brushes and comes in clear, rose & black.
- Find that pencil to match super quick in this Acrylic Eye/Lip Liner Organizer.
- OUR FAVORITE PICK – Got a massive lipstick collection? Show it off in a Spinning Acrylic Lipstick Holder Organizer | 88 Slot Makeup Tower. With all those slots you are sure to find the perfect shade at a moments notice.
Did you find one or two that you like? Which ones? Leave a comment below and let us know if any of these organizers are on your radar.
Continue the Adventure: